[NBLUG/talk] Getting info off a laptop HD

cecrops at sandwich.net cecrops at sandwich.net
Tue Sep 12 16:03:21 PDT 2017

I'm looking to get information off of a laptop hard drive. Is there a
hackerspace around here that has something like a USB enclosure for
laptop-size drives?

I'm a bit sour on blindly buying commercial solutions since I once bought an
external USB drive to get info off of a desktop SATA drive and it turned out
that the USB enclosure was somehow keyed to the drive it came with and refused
to read a different drive. If someone knows of a product that works, I'll take
recommendations.