[NBLUG/talk] Guerillas in the "MIST"

CSO cso at cryptorights.foundation
Sun Oct 13 21:31:35 PDT 2019

Hello,

You (yes, you…) and/or someone you know, are invited to join a team that CryptoRights Foundation (CRF) is putting together to build a FOSS "Micro-ISp in a box Toolkit" (MIST).

The concept will have some interesting security features (note our name) that mumble blah mumble mumble narf blah mumble. It will also have a wizard that nurfle mumble nsa blah schnork blah mumble… and some other stuff too… stuff the postal box to your left eagerly wants me to discuss, like the ultra advanced Quadruple-ROT13 encryption we'll be employing.

Sorry, Agent 13… er, I mean "postal box", you'll just have to wait for an Open Meeting on US Soil to learn the deep, dark Secrets of this FOSS proposal.

Speaking of squirrels & nuts, we'd like to host a MIST discussion for those interested at our Sebastopol office… likely in November. We could also present MIST at a future NBLUG meeting, if they'll have us, of course, and we're not all living underground, waiting for the radioactive fallout to subside.

Our goal is to make MIST as popular as Apache (well, almost) so it can be used by Jane Q. Public, but eventually be licensed commercially. Licensing will help CRF to raise R&D funds to pay our MIST team The Medium Bucks and also boost our "Harmless Little Project" (~.org/wiki/) work on a mesh supernet radio network (see CAVERN.mobi for the community organizing site, and the HLP wiki for some WIP). Why would you need a mesh radio supernet, you ask? Well, for… uh… public safety… umm… yeah! That's it, public safety!

Or, y'know… maybe just for the End Times?*

Anyway… Questions? Denials? Disinformation? Get in touch!

~dave

* (which one must presume are nigh… given the Red-Square–Kyiv-Fort–Meade–Axis–of–Weasels–Clown-College–All-Star–Revue now playing out nightly on a non-secure iOS device in the tiny thumbs of a ultra-cleared pumpkin-spice-complected toddler somewhere near you… tube.)

Chief Security Officer
CryptoRights Foundation, Inc. (501c3)
 "Securing Human Rights, One Bit at a Time"
Ph: +1.415.333.3OO3
Em: CSO at CryptoRights.Foundation