[NBLUG] General Meeting Announcement; The Legalities of Open Source and Linux

Eric Eisenhart eric at nblug.org
Wed Aug 28 11:35:08 PDT 2002

Well, it's starting to look like September is going to be a busy month for
NBLUG...

WHAT:    NBLUG General Meeting
TOPIC:   The Legalities of Open Source and Linux; Q&A
SPEAKER: Larry Rosen of Open Source Initiative and ROSENLAW.COM LLP
WHERE:   O'Reilly and Associates, Sebastopol
         http://nblug.org/directions.cgi
         http://ora.com/oreilly/seb_directions.html
WHEN:    Tuesday, September 10th @ 7:30PM

This is our normal monthly meeting at the normal scheduled time and place.

    Our speaker this month is an expert on legal issues relating to open
    source software and intellectual property; instead of a specific
    pre-planned formal presentation, we've decided to do a Q&A session, so
    read up, think of some questions (interesting, hard, you're just
    curious, whatever...) and bring them to the meeting with you.  Or you
    can email legal-questions at nblug.org and we can ask your questions for
    you.

    Larry Rosen is the founding partner of ROSENLAW.COM LLP, a law
    firm that specializes in intellectual property matters for large
    and small companies and individuals.  He is also the general
    counsel and executive director of Open Source Initiative, an
    organization that reviews and approves licenses for open source
    software.  His articles on legal issues relating to open source
    appear monthly in Linux Journal.  Before he became an attorney,
    Larry taught computer programming and managed several computer
    departments at Stanford University.  He then worked in private
    industry, managing computer and applications development.  At one
    large firm he guided the design, implementation, manufacturing
    and marketing of successful products for data and voice
    communications.

    http://www.opensource.org/
    http://www.rosenlaw.com/html/lawrenceerosen.html
    http://www.linuxjournal.com/search.php?author=LawrenceRosen

OTHER UPCOMING NBLUG EVENTS:

    September 17th: Revolution OS showing at SSU library

    September 21st: InstallFest; http://nblug.org/installfest/

    October 8th: PHP

    November 11th: TBA
--
Eric Eisenhart
NBLUG Co-Founder & President Pro Tempore for Life
eric at nblug.org