[NBLUG/Announce] 2006 Board Elections and nominations

Eric Eisenhart eric at nblug.org
Wed Mar 15 19:05:39 PST 2006

We will be holding elections for the board at the next general meeting.
The nomination period starts now and ends April 9th.  The list of current
nominations will be posted at http://nblug.org/board/election/2006/.

In order to nominate yourself or somebody else, send an email to
talk at nblug.org with "NOMINATE" in the subject line.  Nominations do not
require a second, but must be accepted by the nominee.

There are currently 6 positions available and no nominations.  Positions
are:
 - President
 - Vice-President
 - Treasurer
 - Scribe (secretary)
 - 2 Directors at Large.

Descriptions of the duties are included in our bylaws:
http://nblug.org/bylaws -- but, basically, the President, VP, Treasurer and
Scribe are all pretty much what you'd expect, the directors at large have no
duties other than showing up for board meetings and voting on issues.  If
you're interested in influencing how NBLUG does things, but don't want any
commitments beyond showing up for a board meeting for about an hour once a
month, the Director-at-Large positions are a great way to go.  (we might try
to trick you into taking on other duties, though.  ;)

The actual election process will be paper-based, so you need to show up for
the April 11th meeting in order to vote.
--
Eric Eisenhart
NBLUG Co-Founder and Scribe