[SoCoSA/discuss] Outlook-compatible group calendar?

Eric Eisenhart freiheit at socosa.org
Wed Apr 5 17:19:50 PDT 2006

At my work we use "Meeting Maker" for calendaring.  It *just* does
calendaring, not email.  I'm not one of the admins, but there is a setup for
rooms and other resources; you do "invite" them to the room, but they
automatically show up as the meeting location and they auto-accept.  The new
version also has LDAP integration, which we're intending to use with
OpenLDAP, but I'll bet probably works with Active Directory, too.

The new version (which we've started doing some testing with but aren't
using for real yet) has a plugin available for Outlook that, as I understand
it, gets Outlook's calendaring to interface with Meeting Maker.  Also some
sort of stuff to interface to mobile things, and if you invite somebody
who's not in your calendaring setup it sends them something in iCalendar
format which should work for a lot of users automatically.

http://www.peoplecube.com/products/meetingmaker/

I don't know the pricing, but the server can run on Windows, MacOSX, Linux
or Solaris.  There's a Windows and a MacOSX desktop client and a web
interface.  (the old web interface that we're using is a java plugin
application; the new web interface that I've just tested a little bit is
actual HTML with tomcat on the server end)

And, err, yeah, it's not perfect...
--
Eric Eisenhart <freiheit at SoCoSA.org>
SoCoSA Founder and President