[SoCoSA/discuss] Cheap backup solutions for Windows?

Augie Schwer augie.schwer at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 19:59:37 PST 2006

On 12/29/06, Chris Stone <cjstone at sonic.net> wrote:
> BackupPC is what we use to backup our Mac/*nix/Windows work stations
> to a Linux box (which then gets backed up to tape). Soon to be
> released v3 has some nice new features, so check out the latest beta
> as well.

Chris, thanks for the suggestion; I saw that when I Googled around
before, but it brought up the question in my mind about securing the
SMB link. I didn't think SMB provided encryption (or authentication)
and thus would be a bad idea to use over the Internet; am I wrong?

--
Augie Schwer    -    Augie at Schwer.us    -    http://schwer.us