[SoCoSA/discuss] SoCoSA updates

Eric Eisenhart freiheit at socosa.org
Fri Feb 3 19:53:47 PST 2006

Hello, members

We had our inaugural meeting on Wednesday.  Turn-out was good: 25 people.
More than I was expecting.  Thank you to everybody that came, we hope to see
you again.

For those of you that missed the meeting or that don't remember every single
word ever spoken to them, Susan wrote some notes that are up here:
http://socosa.org/meeting/notes/2006/02/01
(this includes sub-pages with the stuff on the sheets that were around the
room)

Something that was suggested was links to useful sysadmin resources,
and link-exchanging with other related groups.

I've put together the beginnings of a framework for that here:
http://socosa.org/links
(it shows up in the menu on the right)

Also very related is this:
http://socosa.org/aggregator/categories
The "aggregator" can only handle resources that have an RSS/RDF feed.

If you're interested in maintaining either of those, please send email to
steering at socosa.org.  I don't have time to properly set things up, but I can
give permissions in the CMS system for somebody else to do so, and can
provide some assistance.  If you also don't have time, but have a link to
suggest, add a comment on the links page.
--
Eric Eisenhart <freiheit at SoCoSA.org>
SoCoSA Founder and President