[SoCoSA/discuss] Podcasts

Eric Eisenhart freiheit at socosa.org
Fri Jun 2 14:37:00 PDT 2006

On 5/23/06, Trevor Benson <tBenson at a-1networks.com> wrote:

> I am realizing that I almost never get time to make the meetings in the
> evening.  So I was wondering if anyone out there was savvy enough with
> podcasting and the like?  Just an interesting thought that maybe the
> meetings could be put up for everyone to review.

So, nobody spoke up to say they'd like to do this...

I would like to say, however, that I'd have no objections to trying to do
something like this.  Audio or video.  I believe there's plugins for our CMS
(civicspace/drupal) that would help make this easy, even.  For something as
large as video we'd probably want to offload the bandwidth to google video
instead of hosting it ourselves.

The 2 hardest parts that are absolutely necessary:
1) Getting permission from the speaker ahead of time to record them.
2) Capturing a good quality recording without causing any disruption of the
meeting itself.

The rest is easy.  Some conversions and uploads, basically.

Anybody got the equipment for audio and/or video recordings, a willingness
to show up for all the meetings and maybe an additional hour a month to
spend on making it all happen?  A second hour a month to also make it to
board meetings would be better, but not necessary, and showing up early for
meetings would almost certainly be necessary.