[SoCoSA/discuss] db (etc) --> Wiki or...?

Steve S. northbaygeek at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 00:38:24 PDT 2006

On 6/28/06, Eric Eisenhart <freiheit at socosa.org> wrote:

> We've been using a Wiki for handling documentation in my department at work.

<SNIP>
Thanks; this kind of feedback is invaluable!

> We're a sysadmin
> department and the Wiki-style markup is reasonably easy.

<nod>

This would be corporate-wide.  Personally, I'm willing to wikify
(hell, I formatted my
English & PoliSci papers using nroff...), but techies and non-techies
alike would  at
times be asked to update it vis-a-vis their own proceedures (e.g.
there's one person
(from accounting, as it happens) who has been tasked with the chore of backups &
tape-rotation; when she's out sick, it can be confusing for others to
do that function --
where to get the different tapes for the different machines, what is the "backup
strategy," etc.) .

Given the user-base, I expect that anything non-wysiwyg is a non-starter.  :-)

- Steve S.