[SoCoSA/discuss] OE6 - chimes on *check*?

Eric Eisenhart freiheit at socosa.org
Thu May 18 16:29:56 PDT 2006

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 10:07:53AM -0700, Steve S. wrote:
> I see where to turn the chime on/off upon receipt of a new message, but
> nothing
> for *checking*...  Has anyone met this, and does anyone know of a fix?
>
> Any hints appreciated.

I suppose it would be unlikely that you could convince them that
interrupting their work for every email that comes in is totally ridiculous
in the first place and that a much better way to manage their time
effectively would be to turn off the annoying chime entirely, possibly even
exit the mail client, and then deal with email on a scheduled basis, such as
once in the morning and once in the afternoon or every hour on the hour...

Here's a cute little article along those lines:
http://www.43folders.com/2005/02/15/five-fast-email-productivity-tips/

(sorry, no practical solutions, I don't know any of the MS email clients at
all...  it's *possible* it's a server-side issue tickling a client-side
issue, though...)
--
Eric Eisenhart <freiheit at SoCoSA.org>
SoCoSA Founder and President