[SoCoSA/discuss] Job Opening

Matt Stevens matt at elevate.org
Fri Dec 14 11:02:09 PST 2007

Not sure if this is okay to post to the list or not, I'm trying to keep
it pretty casual and not a formal job post. I'll appologize in advance
for offending anyone.

Red Condor, the company I work for, is looking for a capable sys-admin.
We're a medium-sized (about 50 people now) startup developing spam
filtering technology. You can check out our web site if you're looking
for company info; http://www.redcondor.com/

Anyhow, back to the job...we're dealing with the myriad of issues that
come with a network of machines scattered across the country. We need
someone who can help our operations staff be more efficient. We'd love
to find people who can help automate things (scripting) and maybe make
things easier to use (web front end to scripts?). Some performance
tuning experience would be awesome - as we're starting to push the
boundaries on parts of our infrastructure.

Familiarity with networking and mail is pretty much a must - as it's
part of everything we do. This isn't an engineering positions, it's a
down in the trenches operations position. You'll be on the front lines,
not back in a bunker.

If anyone's interested, send me an email at my work address -
matt at redcondor.com. Feel free to forward this on if you know anyone else
that might be interested.

Thanks for your time!
--