[SoCoSA/discuss] VPN networks

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Thu Dec 20 13:27:37 PST 2007

Replying to both posts at once.

That is funny, I think we have the same netgear routers. I just looked at
the untangle options and will read more throughout the day (putting out
some fires at the moment/not literally).

I have a couple servers that are currently on Open Swan for *ix <-> *ix
vpn. It's a pain to set up but works great once it is. I don't think that
would work well for typical windows networking. But there may be other
solutions I haven't thought of.

I watched the 5 minute untangle video and it looked very good, but it
might be a little much for our needs. OpenVPN by itself may suit us better
although that video had me drooling. The untangle guy should do a
presentation for the group! Little graphs are great and the untangle
system looks very well suited for simple server/gateway features.

--
"There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something
interesting to do while you are alive." — Orochimaru (Naruto)