[SoCoSA/discuss] VPN networks

Sean seanvanco at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 13:40:03 PST 2007

I just wanted to point out (although you may have considered this), is
that although Untangle has all of these great options, you don't have
to use them all. According to their documentation, you can easily
switch off whatever services you don't want to use.

As far as the VPN is concerned, their system seems to make it
extremely simple. Once you VPN into the Untangle server, you can just
RDP (use rdesktop, or some similar program, if you are VPN-ing from a
linux box and need to access a Windows system) to whatever windows box
you need to connect to. It really should end up being a simple and
secure system.

Once I install Untangle, I'll probably use about half of the freeware
they package in. Since I don't operate a domain with my business, I
won't be utilizing any of the pay-for features. Since the product is
free, I don't see it as being "too much", just untapped resources for
future utilization once my network has grown.

If you are interested in taking a collaborative test of this system,
feel free to drop me a note outside of this list.

Sean