[SoCoSA/discuss] snmpd

Eric Eisenhart freiheit at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 20:55:45 PST 2007

Sean,

How 'bout you share your snmpd.conf with us?  It's difficult to
speculate on configuration problems blind.

No need to include all the comments, though...  The output of
something like this will do:
egrep -v '^($|#)' /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf
(you'll want to replace the community string with a "safe" version,
probably)

But, from what you've described, I'm guessing that your "com2sec" line
has "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" in the third field, limiting access to
only the localhost.   Try duplicating that line and replacing
"localhost" with the netmask for your local network ("192.168.0.0/24"
or something like that).