[SoCoSA/discuss] [SoCoSA/notify] Reminder: Meeting tomorrow: Tuesday, July 3rd: PowerDNS

SoCoSA notifications and reminders, primarily of events notify at socosa.org
Mon Jul 2 09:26:10 PDT 2007

Hey everybody,

Just a quick reminder that we've got a meeting tomorrow night.

Details in case you missed them before:

  Day: Tuesday, July 3rd, 2007
 Time: 7pm for speaker; doors open at 6pm with pizza; over in time to head
       down to the Sebastopol fireworks show
  Who: August Schwer, Sonic.net's Senior Sysadmin
Topic: PowerDNS
Pizza: show up before 6:10 to get in on a group order
Where: Our usual location; O'Reilly in Sebastopol
 Info: http://socosa.org/node/213

The PowerDNS Nameserver is a modern, advanced and high performance
authoritative-only nameserver. It is written from scratch and conforms to
all relevant DNS standards documents. Furthermore, PowerDNS interfaces with
almost any database.

In this talk August will discuss how PowerDNS can serve your Name Serving
needs, some of its advantages and disadvantages, how it can play well with
other Name Servers and how you can migrate to it.

August is the Senior System Administrator at Sonic.net; more information
about him can be found at his personal website: www.schwer.us .

Note: The end time has been adjusted slightly for this meeting to accomodate
the Sebastopol fireworks; there's a trail behind O'Reilly that goes straight
to Analy, where the fireworks are held, or you can try to drive and park...

http://powerdns.com/
--
Eric Eisenhart <freiheit at SoCoSA.org>
SoCoSA Founder and President