[SoCoSA/discuss] blocking brute force attacks

Erik Alfkin mystic at moonpearl.org
Thu Nov 29 07:06:38 PST 2007

Check out this article: http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/187. I haven't tried this myself; I had intended to but our network guy set up some rules in the outward-facing Cisco firewall instead. We haven't had any problems since (except, of course, for the massive DoS attack the next day...).