[SoCoSA/discuss] Meeting: SoCoSA's future: tonight

Eric Eisenhart freiheit at socosa.org
Tue Dec 2 16:07:50 PST 2008

Hey everybody,

Meeting: tonight, 6pm-8:30pm.
Topic: SoCoSA's future

Do you want SoCoSA to continue?  interested in helping out?  show up...

If you can't make it tonight but are interested in keeping the group going,
please speak up on the discuss list...

----- Forwarded message from Eric Eisenhart <freiheit at socosa.org> -----

Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 15:26:55 -0700
From: Eric Eisenhart <freiheit at socosa.org>
To: steering at socosa.org
Subject: [SoCoSA/steering] Plan to try to get group going again

Plan to get group going again:

1) Send out general plea/announcement to notify and discuss.  Inviting
   discussion on the list, etc.
2) Have SoCoSA meeting at O'Reilly on December 2nd (tonight doesn't work for
   obvious reasons, and November's meeting would be on Election Day) with a
   topic something like "How to keep SoCoSA going"

Actual goal: getting somebody else to run the group.  :)  Or at least get
somebody else to find speakers...  The current board just doesn't have the
energy to find a good speaker every month.

One possibility we should consider: folding in as a "special interest" group
for NBLUG.  Become a "sysadmin subcommittee" of NBLUG's board responsible
for scheduling every 4th meeting, or something like that.  (details would be
worked out with the NBLUG board)

There was some discussion a couple months ago from somebody interested in
talking...  Maybe we can recruit him.  Or at least use that to get talks
lined up for the first quarter of 2009.

Thoughts, anybody?  I'm hoping to send something to the group at large in
the next couple of days...
--
Eric Eisenhart <freiheit at SoCoSA.org>
SoCoSA Founder and President