[SoCoSA/discuss] [SoCoSA/notify] Meeting: SoCoSA's future: tonight

Eric Landerville eric at landerville.com
Tue Dec 2 17:25:28 PST 2008

I will be unable to come to the meeting tonight (little to short term)
but I would like to keep SOCOSA going.

As to the talks, what happened to the guy who volunteered to give the
Asterisk talk(s)?

Lastly there is something that has been on my mind for a while now that
I wanted to bring up at a meeting at some point.  The group, while
called systems admins is very Linux centric.  There are a lot of windows
admins out there and most just aren't interested in Linux if they are
they go to NBLUG and hide their Microsoft stuff.  I deal with it every
day, of the 8 members of my team I'm the only one who does anything
Linux.  I honestly think that if we want to get a wider more diverse
group the talks should be wider and more diverse.  Just my $.02.

Eric (not Eisenhart)