[SoCoSA/discuss] Mac OS X and Active Directory question

Sean seanvanco at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 15:07:04 PDT 2008

I'm trying to help with a project where a Mac OS X system was working
properly with Active Directory on Win2003, but over the weekend has
stopped working.

Whenever a connection attempt is made, no matter what username and
password is provided (including the network administrator), an Access
Denied (I don't have the exact error message yet) error is returned.
The laptop can see the servers on the network, but can't log on.

I'm rather weak in Active Directory integration of Linux/Unix/Mac.
Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this, or give me
links to papers to read?

Thank you!