[SoCoSA/discuss] exim TLS cert problem

Nicholas Potterton n.potterton at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 27 09:53:17 PDT 2009

look in here sean

perhaps there is something for you here

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.20/doc/html/spec_38.html

--- On Thu, 8/27/09, Sean <seanvanco at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Sean <seanvanco at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [SoCoSA/discuss] exim TLS cert problem
To: n.potterton at yahoo.co.uk, "SoCoSA general discussion list" <discuss at socosa.org>
Date: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 9:40 AM

Thank you for the replies. The cert is valid until December of this year.

Perhaps a better explanation of the error message would help. It states:

"The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that
could not be verified.

The certificate's name does not match the passed value.

Do you want to continue using this server? Yes/No"

Does this help clarify matters? It does not seem to be rejecting the
issuer, and it did not when I first installed the cert. If anything
has changed to affect this I'm afraid that I don't know what it could
be.

Sean