[SoCoSA/discuss] exim TLS cert problem

Sean seanvanco at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 16:01:58 PDT 2009

First I want to thank everyone for your suggestions and ideas.

What I've determined to far is that the problems happens to BOTH
Windows and Linux clients (I verified this over the weekend), and that
exim is configured to hand out the correct cert (mail.domain.com) when
using TLS.

I confirmed that the connections are actually connecting using TLS,
and that if the user accepts the incorrect cert the transaction takes
place.

I used the openssl command to view the contents of the certs, so I
know I have the cert files are named correctly and that exim is
configured to use the correct file. I can find no reason why exim is
using the www cert instad of the mail cert. Does anyone have any
further thoughts? If not I'll take this to an exim forum.

Sean