[SoCoSA/discuss] www.meetup.com

Eric Eisenhart freiheit at socosa.org
Tue Jan 13 14:47:51 PST 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 02:25:33PM -0800, Steve S. wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Eric Eisenhart <freiheit at socosa.org> wrote:
>
> > ... A lot of what they provide we already have ...
>
> I guess the question becomes, what *extra* do (would) we get for the money?
>
> It strikes me that (per the OP: "I found <several sundry tech> groups
> this way") having our members see these non-SoCoSA groups, and having
> possibly-interested folks from THOSE groups see SoCoSA, is a big part
> of that "extra."  Not sure what else...

If there's more people coming to our meetings on a regular basis, it's
easier to get speakers, since coming to speak to us is worth more to them.

However, the monthly price for meetup.com is roughly the same as getting our
event posted in the north bay bohemian a couple of weeks every month...
Which would be more effective?
--
Eric Eisenhart <freiheit at SoCoSA.org>
SoCoSA Founder and President