[SoCoSA/discuss] www.meetup.com

Kevan Benson kbenson at a-1networks.com
Wed Jan 14 09:56:07 PST 2009

Eric Eisenhart wrote:
> Should we try to collect money?  A donation basket?  Charge $1 to come in?
> Optional $2 charge per meeting?

I think a donation basket would be good.  A simple explanation at the
beginning as to what the money goes towards (without the pitch to please
contribute, if we can avoid it), or just a card on the donation canister
explaining what it's used for, would suffice IMO.

Regardless of what it's used for, a little extra money would probably be
useful, and I'm sure some people would be happy to donate if there was
an option and it was convenient.

--

-Kevan Benson
-A-1 Networks