[SoCoSA/discuss] www.meetup.com

Trevor Benson tbenson at a-1networks.com
Thu Jan 22 07:46:28 PST 2009

My personal experience with meetup.com was that it was a very
interesting idea.  However the groups and things I looked into either
stopped updating their meetup.com account or stopped meeting.  So from
a user of a user group it seems nice, but lacking followthrough (or it
did awhile back for most groups around this area).  From a group side
of having to pay, if we saw a big turnout for it, i could undestand,
but I sort of doubt we would increase the turnout enough that even
donations would cover the new charges.

And I agree, if there is a donation basket sitting around, I would
feel compelled to put something in it if I was at the meeting.

Trevor Benson
A1 Networks
(707)570-2021 x201
tbenson at a-1networks.com