[SoCoSA/discuss] PDA with simplest programming?

Steve S. northbaygeek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 00:48:58 PST 2010

H'lo, all...

I'm looking for a new PDA, my current one seeming to have reliability issues...

Not worried about compatibility w/ my old model.  The main PDA
functionality I'm wanting is calendar/scheduling.  However, I'm also
interested in writing a few of my own app's.  These would be purely
for personal-use (I don't anticipate much wider interest) and while
I'm a bit of a geek I really don't want to get involved in much of a
learning-curve for getting these app's -- I don't care about the
programming, per se, I just want the apps.

So, I'm looking for a PDA with an API that's quick-to-learn and quick-to-use.

Can anyone point me either at a good model/line/etc of PDA's, or a
better venue for this question?

Oh, and NOT a smartphone; the iPhone, Droid &c are drool-worthy, but I
don't want $350/year (and up) plans!
Just the PDA, thanks!

Many thanks for any hints, directions, clues, etc...

- Steve