[SoCoSA/discuss] Meetings

Trevor Benson tbenson at a-1networks.com
Wed Jul 20 13:43:22 PDT 2011

I know one of the issues I had with attending meetings that had interesting speakers was my ability to be on site and time with my busy schedule.  Is this the case for other SoCoSA members as well?  I guess this is kind of a POLL to see if the reason most people didnt attend was scheduling conflicts, or lack of interest in the topics presented at specific meetings?

The reason I ask is that I could donate access to our WebEx account which can have up to 25 people in a single meetings for SoCoSA use.  However I would only want to bother to do so if SoCoSA would take advantage and members found that scheduling was the primary concern with attending meetings.  It isn't a great advantage if everyone was skipping meetings due to the presenters/topics, and not scheduling conflicts as WebEx wont fix our topic list or my skills at presenting ;)

Let me know your thoughts and maybe we can drum up some SoCoSA meetings if scheduling and attendance issues are reduced.

POLL:

[   ] - I dont attend SoCoSA meetings because of scheduling conflicts.
[   ] - I dont attend SoCoSA meetings because of lack of interest in the topic/presentation.

Thanks,
Trevor Benson
A1 Networks  |  Network Engineer
dCAA, dCAP, Network+, CLA, CNA, MCP, LPIC-1
DID (707)703-1041
Fax (707)703-1983
tbenson at a-1networks.com