Isildur deployed!

Lincoln Peters lincoln_peters at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 11 16:12:48 PST 2002

Today, I delivered Isildur (the first computer built from donated parts) to
a math teacher at RCHS.  He said that he was curious about Linux after
hearing a lot about it from me, but he already has about 20 computers in his
classroom, so he doesn't expect to really need it.

He agreed that until I find someone who could really make use of it, he'll
explore it and discover this operating system that I've been talking about
for so long.  Unfortunately, at the current pace that the word is spreading,
there are more students than teachers that are asking me about this
computer.

This weekend, I plan to complete some of the other computers that are lying
in my garage.  Thanks to some unexpected donations at the meeting this month
(I'm afraid I'm losing track of all the people who are donating), I could
have as many as three more computers ready to go by next Monday!