[NBLUG/talk] mutt question

Eric Eisenhart eric at nblug.org
Thu Aug 28 16:49:01 PDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 04:21:02PM -0700, Cal Herrmann wrote:
> Please, how do I get mutt to _not_ delete from the isp-server?  Sometimes
> I want to leave items on, to read in Kmail.

Or switch from POP to IMAP.  Something like:

set imap_user="username"
set imap_pass="password" # optional
set spoolfile='imap://imapserver.example.com/INBOX/'

That way everything will stay on the server until you delete it.  With the
usual setup you'll be asked if you want to move read messages to a local
folder when you quit.  Mark a specific message with "N" to prevent that from
happening with that individual message, or just say no when it asks to stop
it from happening to all of them.
--
Eric Eisenhart
NBLUG Co-Founder & President Pro Tempore