[NBLUG/talk] SIOCSUFFLAGS: Device or resource busy

ME dugan at passwall.com
Tue Sep 16 18:44:01 PDT 2003

Sorry for not replying sooner; today has been a busy day for many people I
know...

Next step, I would try to rmmod the modules associated with this device.

After they are rmmod-ed, then try to use modprobe to add them again.

AFter they are added, check your log files and see what is reported for
eth0 or eth?? interfaces added to the system.

(Check /var/log/messages or /var/log/syslog or /var/log/kernel or others)

Make sure that there is a report for an eth interfacehaving been found for
the module that is loaded.

AFter the module is insterted, and you see the eth?? report in the log
file, then try ifconfig the eth? that is reported to see what you get in
feedback..

What has happened between the time the ethernet card was working and the
time that it stopped working in Linux?

(Looking for upgrades like kernel, drivers, utils.)

Thanks,
-ME