[NBLUG/talk] Printer setup in Debian/unstable

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Fri Jan 2 14:10:04 PST 2004

On Friday 02 January 2004 12:51, Lincoln Peters wrote:
> Maybe I've been spoiled by the system administration tools provided by
> Red Hat Linux, but I am having difficulty setting up some of the
> essential services on my new Debian/unstable system.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Red Hat or Debian.  This is a print
server - CUPS/printer driver issue.

Your printer probably has a Meg or 2 of memory for queued print jobs.  Once
the print job is sent by cups server to the printer, the job is done.  The
printer prints whatever it is fed.

Check your CUPS web interface and check the completed print jobs for this
printer.  You should see a list of completed jobs.

Make sure you have the correct printer driver selected for your printer.  Mine
says.

HP LaserJet 4L, CUPS+Gimp-Print v4.2.5

--
Mark Street, D.C.