[NBLUG/talk] Re Installing kernel RPM update

HarryH forHarryH at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 12 17:29:00 PST 2004

Mark, et al,

I did the rpm -q kernel and found 11 kernels.  The one on the bottom of the
list is the 2.4.20-27.7 that needs the rpm -e and -ivh treatment.  The next
one up is the current running one: 2.4.20-24-7.  The rest work up to the
original of 2.4.7-10.  I assume that it is alright to keep the 2.4.20-24.7
as back up to 2.4.20-27-7 and give the rest of the kernels the rpm -e
treatment?

Thanks,
Harry