[NBLUG/talk] RE: Re: Looking for a Laptop

Paul Stagnoli chesslover at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 19 09:59:01 PST 2004

Yup. I have an IBM A30p with redhat 9 on it.  RH9 loaded easily. I struggled
to get the wireless drivers to work (I choose host_ap), but I think that was
mostly learning curve.

I took it "war driving" in the East bay over Christmas. 132 networks IDed in
an hour.  Ten percent were wide open...

I liked the Thinkpad so much I recommended one for my sister and
Mother-in-law.

Check out http://www.pcconnection.com. Sometimes they sell reburbished units
that might fit your criteria.

I'll be at this weekend's Installfest if you wanna check it out.

Good Luck,

Paul

Stagnoli had one of the thinkpad's with the integrated wireless at last the
installfest and it worked like a charm.