[NBLUG/talk] iPlanet 6.0 (or, oneWebServer 6.0) - How to install?

A.C. ac at sonic.net
Fri Jan 30 18:36:01 PST 2004

Greetings,

System particulars:
We're running a clean install of RedHat Professional Workstation (purchased in-the-box earlier this week) with the most recent updates from up2date on a dual 2.8 GHz Dell server.

We're trying to install iPlanet 6.0 from Sun (It's also known as oneWebServer 6.0, or something like that).  Being novices at Linux, we don't have a clue what we're doing.  After we untar the file and run ./setup, we get an error that reads "./setup: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"  If I create a symbolic link to libstdc++.so.5.0.3 (which appears to be the most recent version of the same thing, from what I can tell), I get a different error that reads "./setup: relocation error: ./setup: undefined symbol: cerr"

So, where do we go from here?  From what I can tell, libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 is very old, and I couldn't even find a download source if I wanted it.  I gather that there's a newer version of this component installed (that being libstdc++.so.5.0.3), but I'm not sure if this is the right thing.  Is creating a symbolic link the correct course of action, but...  If anyone has a good resource for documentation on this, please point us in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide,

A.C.
******