[NBLUG/talk] ADMTEK wireless Driver Update, sort of...

Dave Sisley dsisley at arczip.com
Mon Jun 7 12:21:48 PDT 2004

Thanks for the responses, guys.

I don't think I can use Justin's suggestion (sshing from outside),
since I don't have a wireless connection to my laptop (the source of
my original problem!).

As for the tips from Lincoln and Augie, they look more promising.
Only problem is that if I try using alt-sysrq, I get a screenshot
dialog.  I'm assuming that this is because I don't have the kernel
configured to enable the sysreq key. I hope you will understand if,
given my obvious lack of full-strength linux wizardry, I don't go and
re-compile my kernel.  I have enough troubles!

I must say though, that the page Augie referenced
(http://linux.about.com/library/bl/open/newbie/blnewbie5.1.htm) looks
like a cool resource, especially for those wishing to up their magic

I'm hoping that this system-locking-module problem is only temporary,
and that the maintainer of the module (Michael Wu - let's give the guy
a round of applause) can iron this out eventually.  I'm fighting the
urge to run to ebay or Best Buy and just spending my way out of this

Thanks again!

Dave Sisley
dsisley at arczip.com