[NBLUG/talk] ADMTEK wireless Driver Update, sort of...

Justin Thiessen thiessen at sonic.net
Mon Jun 7 11:40:45 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 12:21:48PM -0700, Dave Sisley wrote:
> Thanks for the responses, guys.
>
> I don't think I can use Justin's suggestion (sshing from outside),
> since I don't have a wireless connection to my laptop (the source of
> my original problem!).

Sure thing.  I just thought that maybe your laptop had wired ethernet built-in,
and that you could hook this up as well and use it for debugging.

In the end, even if you can't get the sysreq key to work, you should still be
able to use a null-modem cable and log in from another computer via the serial
port.  AFAIK, this is the most foolproof way of getting back into your box,
so if alt-sysrq doesn't work, you may be reduced to this method.

Best of luck.  I know how frustrating hardware problems can be...

Justin