[NBLUG/talk] Used laptop recommendation please

Dave Sisley dsisley at arczip.com
Mon Mar 15 16:32:00 PST 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 04:02:03PM -0800, Bob Blick wrote:
> I'm looking to buy a used laptop. I'm tending toward something like an IBM
> T20 (700MHZ PIII). I just want something that runs linux well, and I don't
> need to watch movies on it or burn CDs.
>
> If anyone has experience with this model, or recommendation for another
> laptop (does not need to be IBM), please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob

Bob:

I used to use an IBM 1400i until the screen got so bad I upgraded to
an IBM G40.  I really like both of them.  I never used the T20, but
I've run RedHat on both of mine (I have SuSe 8.2 on the new one now).

They never gave me any IBM-specific trouble that I can think of.

I'll bet you can find a decent one on eBay.  Good Luck!

--
Dave Sisley
dsisley at arczip.com
roth-sisley.net