[NBLUG/talk] install Crypt::SSLeay Mandrivia

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Thu Aug 3 19:25:55 PDT 2006

I'm working on a mandrivia box (a colo at sonic).

I'm banging my head on this one.

It's got openssl installed via stock mandrake rpms.

I'm trying to get the Crypt::SSLeay perl module to load allowing perl to
grab secure stuff off the web.

But I can't seem to get the perl module to pick up on it. It's looking for
*.h files. I think I've used urpmi to install all of the devel packages,
but I could be wrong.

It looks pretty straightforward if I install from source, but can't
breaking ssl knock me out of ssl session (locking me out of the server)
and affect the running https sites?

I wonder about leaving the rpm in place and installing from source in a
non standard location, but I'm not experinced with that.

Yuck.