[NBLUG/talk] Using readcd with 2.6 kernel

David shadoweyez at hotpop.com
Sun Aug 6 19:14:20 PDT 2006

The whole cdrecord program seems like it really wants everything to be SCSI
instead of IDE (or sata).  Try "cdrecord -scanbus" and you may have to tweak the
/etc/defaults/cdrecord file to give it the info.

Also try using the actual device name, like /dev/hdc, for the device argument,
cdrecord -dev=/dev/hdc <other stuff>
and see if that works,

Good luck,
~David~