[NBLUG/talk] Enabling SSL in Apache2?

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 20 15:24:24 PDT 2006

Here's something that should be a simple problem, but apparently isn't:

I'm running Apache2 on Debian/testing.  I want to enable SSL globally for my
website (i.e. anything you can do via HTTP, you can do via HTTPS).  I would
expect this to be a simple matter of creating symlinks
to /etc/apache2/mods-available/{ssl.load,ssl.conf}
in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled, but that didn't seem to work (I get
a "connection refused" error when connecting via SSL).  And as usual, the
official Apache documentation on the matter is incredibly terse.

So what am I missing?

--
Lincoln Peters		<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

In a five year period we can get one superb programming language.  Only
we can't control when the five year period will begin.