[NBLUG/talk] FTPing large files

sean machin smachin1000 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 08:30:47 PST 2010

Guys,

Thanks for all the responses.  I am using curl to do the FTP upload, to
a my personal web account hosted by 1&1.  My home ISP is Comcast cable.
Here's a sample of the exact command I run and the error msg. I get.

[sean at localhost ~]$ curl -T /tmp/backup/svn.tar.gz -u uxxxxx:xxxxx
ftp://xxxxx.com/backup/home/ibmp2/svn.tar.gz
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
Speed
  2 6497M    0     0    2  157M      0   133k 13:52:17  0:20:12
13:32:05     0
curl: (55) select/poll returned error