[NBLUG/talk] Apache and virtual hosts..

Barry Stump barry.stump at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 11:39:39 PST 2010

I am not an Apache expert, but I'm not sure what you want to do is
easily done within a single instance of Apache.  Basically, the parent
process (usually started as root) spawns children running as the user
configured in the normal apache conf to handle requests.  You would
need to figure out how to bind particular children to particular vhost
requests, and further, get each child running as a different user.

Or perhaps someone has already done what you need in a clever module,
you never know.

-Barry