[NBLUG/talk] FAT32 multiple file copy order

Aaron Grattafiori aaron at digitalinfinity.net
Sun Jan 17 09:33:47 PST 2010

Interesting. Nice find scrappy.

On Jan 17, 2010 1:18 AM, "Scrappy Laptop" <scrappylaptop at yahoo.com> wrote:

The File Allocation Table itself *is* the playlist...fascinating.  And
strangely elegant.  It takes me back to the original Norton Utilities 'DS',
for "directory sort", as many early DOS/win3.x programs worked the same way.

FATSort and the associated GUI apparently do the same for Linux, though I've
not used it myself:

--- On Fri, 1/15/10, Bob Blick <bobblick at ftml.net> wrote: > From: Bob Blick
<bobblick at ftml.net> ...
> Date: Friday, January 15, 2010, 11:27 PM

> Scrappy Laptop wrote: > > Bob, I realize that this does not resolve the
problem > of order-written...

list > talk at nblug.org >...