[NBLUG/talk] strange sound bug..

Jordan Erickson jerickson at logicalnetworking.net
Wed Jan 20 10:56:18 PST 2010

/me guesses it has something to do with Adobe Flash...

Steve Johnson wrote:
> I am running the latest release of Ubuntu 32bit, I am having this
> strange sound problem.. I first noticed it in FireFox.  Sound would
> work fine but after a while it would just stop working, re-starting
> Firefox would bring the sound back..  I also discovered that just
> closing the FireFox window wasn't good enough, there was always an
> orphaned FireFox process I would have to kill -9 to get rid of..  But
> once I got rid of all the FF instances and re-started it, I would get
> my sound back.. So I switch to Chrome, wanted to try it out anyways..
> Now I am having the same problem, except I don't get the orphaned
> process..   Chrome's sound works, but if I leave the browser open to
> long, the sound stops working and killing Chrome and re-starting it
> brings the sound back.. I did not have this problem on an older
> install of Ubuntu..
>
> Anyone else having this problem? or know of a fix?
>
> -Steve

Jordan Erickson
Owner, Logical Networking Solutions
http://www.logicalnetworking.net
707-636-5678

* Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail *

Latest LNS Blogs - http://blog.logicalnetworking.net

	My viewpoint of the LTSP project, X, and core *nix philosophies
	Hard Drive Tech: Transitioning to 4k Sectors
	The concept of "free" in software (Happy Holidays!)