[NBLUG] General Meeting Update

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Fri Mar 9 14:18:41 PST 2001

Hello all.  As promised, here's the update as to the specifics on the
meeting on Tuesday, the 13th (that's four days from now!)

We hope to see you all there!

                                    ----
"You mean I can get Ethernet-speed web browsing, file transfers, and the
whole works -- with nary a cable connection in sight -- from as far away as
the coffeehouse across the street? Um, I'll be working from there this
morning. IM me if you need me."

What can you do with an 11Mbps wireless gateway to the internet, with no
airtime charges?  We can't tell you that, but we can tell you how to make
one out of a $100 radio and hardware you probably have lying around the
house.

Topics to be covered:

* Hardware installation
* Linux kernel and PCMCIA configuration
* Routing and Masquerading
* Security, WEP, and your sanity

...and if there's time, we can go into client-side radio configuration in
Linux as well.
                                    ----

-Dustin

--