[NBLUG] General Meeting Announcement & InstallFest Reminder

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Tue Feb 6 23:28:51 PST 2001

WHAT: NBLUG General Meeting
TOPIC: You can never be too rich, too thin or too paranoid: Linux Firewalls
WHERE: O'Reilly (see NBLUG website for specifics)
WHEN: February 13th, 2001 @ 7:30PM

Also, don't forget to register for our upcoming InstallFest!

WHAT: NBLUG InstallFest
WHERE: O'Reilly
WHEN: February 17th, 2001 @ 10AM
REGISTER: http://www.nblug.org/installfest/

----

Greetings everyone!  It's that time again.  Our General Meeting is right
around the corner.  This month we've got a really cool topic - how to turn a
Linux box into a firewall.  This is topic you want to hear about it you play
with Linux and have a DSL or cable connection at home and don't already have
a firewall or want to replace the one you have with a Linux box.  You should
also drop by even if you've already got a Linux firewall, as we'll be
discussing a lot of other topics around firewalls such as intrusion
detection, some more basics about TCP/IP and also how to monitor your
firewall to make sure everything is going OK.

The talk will be presented by our very own Frank Ball and Devin Carraway.
They'll be covering everything from the basics about why you need a
firewall, to sample diagrams about how a firewall works.  They'll also have
a setup demonstrating how everything goes together.

Also, just a reminder that we've got an InstallFest coming up in about a
week and a half, on the 17th of February.  If you plan on attending for
assistance in getting Linux installed, please take a few minutes to register
at our site at http://www.nblug.org/register/.  Thanks!

Well, it's way past my bed time, so I'm going to end this here.  Hope to see
you all next week!

-Dustin

--
Founder & President