[NBLUG/Announce] Reminder: General Meeting (2006/01/10) : Ruby on Rails

Augie Schwer augie at nblug.org
Mon Jan 9 17:22:10 PST 2006

This month our own Rob Orsini will be talking about the much hyped
and very popular Ruby on Rails development framework.

"Ruby on Rails is an open-source web framework that's optimized for
programmer happiness and sustainable productivity. It lets you write
beautiful code by favoring convention over configuration.

Rob will demonstrate the creation of a simple database driven web
application using the Rails framework. He'll also talk about some of
the best practices that Rails brings to the web programming table
and how it, and projects like it, are making programming more fun."

Start: 2006/01/10 - 7:30pm
End: 2006/01/10 - 9:00pm
Location:
O'Reilly, Sebastopol, CA
http://nblug.org/genloc

We are always looking for speakers, so if you or anyone you know
would like to give a presentation to a group of friendly nerds
please send an email to speakers at nblug.org . Thank you, and I look
forward to seeing you all there at the next meeting.

--
Augie Schwer (augiei at nblug.org) : NBLUG - Vice President
GPG Public Key: http://www.schwer.us/schwer.asc