[NBLUG/Announce] General Meeting 2006/09/12 (TOMORROW): VMware Server

Kyle Rankin kyle at nblug.org
Mon Sep 11 14:33:21 PDT 2006

Start: 2006/09/12 - 7:30pm
End: 2006/09/12 - 9:00pm
Location: O'Reilly, Sebastopol, CA http://nblug.org/genloc
Speaker: Kyle Rankin

    As a Linux geek who always like to experiment with the latest Linux
    distributions and tinker around with local servers, my closet looked a
    lot like a used computer store. Old discarded desktops were perfect
    platforms to try out Linux. Now that power has gotten more expensive,
    I've replaced a lot of local machines with virtual ones, and with the
    introduction of VMware Server, I have all but replaced my physical test
    platforms for virtual ones.

    In this talk NBLUG president Kyle Rankin will introduce how to install
    and configure the free VMware Server software and demonstrate some of
    its features including how to create new virtual machines, how to
    manage a group of VMs with the VMware console, and how to backup
    virtual machines.

We are always looking for speakers, so if you or anyone you know would like
to give a presentation to a group of friendly nerds please send an email to
speakers at nblug.org .

--
Kyle Rankin
NBLUG President