[NBLUG/Announce] General Meeting (2007/01/09): Asterisk

Kyle Rankin kyle at nblug.org
Sat Jan 6 19:26:15 PST 2007

Start: 2007/01/09 - 7:30pm
End: 2007/01/09 - 9:00pm
Location:
O'Reilly, Sebastopol, CA
http://nblug.org/genloc
Speaker: Chris Widger

    I'll be briefly going over the history of Asterisk. I'll Discuss a few
    available protocols like h.323, SIP, and IAX2. I'll go into a little
    more detail about IAX2 since it's simple and has low over head. I will
    be demonstrating a simple SIP device. Then make a call from one
    Asterisk server to another. Maybe even a couple servers hooked to each
    other.  Possibly a call into my home PBX that goes over a VPN tunnel.
    NBLUG members are invited to call my PBX by dialing: (707)703-1982 or
    connecting to: guest at odunix.org <mailto:guest at odunix.org> with their
    SIP or IAX2 client.

    This is a link to my dial plan http://www.odunix.org/pbx/ Here's an
    brief overview of what I will cover (Open Document format)
    http://odunix.org/pbx/asterisk/asterisk.odp

We are always looking for speakers, so if you or anyone you know would like
to give a presentation to a group of friendly nerds please send an email to
speakers at nblug.org .

--
Kyle Rankin
NBLUG President