[NBLUG/Announce] Reminder General Meeting TOMORROW! Tom Haddon from Canonical

Kyle Rankin kyle at nblug.org
Mon Oct 8 09:13:56 PDT 2007

Start: 2007/10/09 - 7:30pm
End: 2007/10/09 - 9:00pm
Location:
O'Reilly, Sebastopol, CA
http://nblug.org/genloc
Speaker: Tom Haddon

    Tom works for Canonical, the makers of Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Edubuntu, etc.
    as a Systems Administrator for Launchpad (https://launchpad.net) and
    Landscape (https://landscape.canonical.com).

    From Tom :

    "The main topic of the talk will be about a volunteer project
    undertaken by the SF-LUG to resurrect a housing authority's computer
    lab using Edubuntu. How the project started, where we are now, and
    where we go from here. Possibly with a demonstration of LTSP (the Linux
    Terminal Server Project) on my laptop. I'll also be happy to answer any
    questions I can about Ubuntu, Canonical, Launchpad, Landscape, etc."

--
Kyle Rankin
NBLUG President
kyle at nblug.org