a word of caution about Mandrake 8.1

augie schwer at sonic.net
Wed Dec 19 22:32:36 PST 2001

thinking of getting that geek in your life a set of mandrake 8.1 cd's? think
again...
i recently got some mandrake 8.1 cd's and upon installing got an error about
the kernel package having errors when it installed, and sure enough after i
continued on and finished the install and rebooted it was failure city on my
screen. i poked around a bit and it looked like a bunch of stuff didn't get
compiled into the kernel nor did they get compiled as modules. one that comes
to mind is support for the iso9660 file system. the good new though is after
i reconfigured and recompiled the kernel everything is working great! thats
my 2 cents and i hope this helps someone out there.

--augie